Birding by Bike Challenge
Can your team find the most bird species and/or raise the most donations? Prizes include guided trips and other bird-related items. Compete to be the best Biking team of the day!
Your team will consist of 3 people, but may have a fourth if the person is a novice. We trust your judgment on this.
- Your team will travel to and fro, without using any fossil fuels, recording birds on your score sheet.
- Check-in will begin at 6:00 a.m. and your challenge will begin at 6:30 a.m.
- At any point your team may park your bikes and hike around an area.
- Your team must always stay within visual contact of each other.
- In order to record a bird, two people from your team must identify it.
- You are required to have a cell phone so that the Urban Ecology Center can periodically check in with your progress.
- You must return to the Urban Ecology Center by 11:30 a.m. without using fossil fuels.
- Bring your own bike or use one of ours.
Stationary, on Foot and Biking team members register here Be sure to give us your team name team name. Registration fee includes lunch and a t-shirt.
If you have any questions contact Jennifer Callaghan at (414) 964-8505, x152, or email@example.com.